History of Troy, OH
Troy was platted ca. 1807. A mail center in Troy has been in activity since 1824. Troy was one of the urban areas affected by extreme flooding in the Great Flood of 1913. On August 28, 2004 George W. Shrub had a convention in midtown Troy in the square.
A conclusive book on the historical backdrop of Troy named “Troy: The Nineteenth Century” was composed and distributed by Thomas Bemis Wheeler and the Troy Historical Society in January, 1970. Duplicates are as yet accessible on the web and through the association. Itemized occasions incorporate the establishing of the city and the Ohio waterway period of the 1800s.
The city was the area of the Hobart Welded Steel House Company, which may have gotten powerful in U.S. lodging, if pre-created houses had prevailing with regards to getting mainstream after World War II. The organizations’ homes are like those of the more notable Lustron places of the Columbus, Ohio-based Lustron Corporation (which additionally fizzled). The Hobart firm made and constructed 22 homes, all in Troy, 16 of which endure and are recorded on the U.S. Public Register of Historic Places.
Other NRHP-recorded properties in Troy incorporate four irrelevant homes, a bar, the Miami County Courthouse and Power Station, the 1859 First Presbyterian Church, and the Troy Public Square.