History of Belleville, MI
The people group was named to pay tribute to landowner James Bell by adeptly picking the French word for “lovely town”. The villa was platted in 1847 with the primary lanes actually utilized today assigned Main, Liberty, and High Street. Around 1881, the Belleville warehouse on the Detroit line of the Wabash Railroad started serving voyagers from across the area and the country.
Belleville was set up as a town in 1905, when its administration isolated from Van Buren Township by a demonstration of the State Legislature. Situated on the Huron River which was a characteristic shipping lane, the town had for quite some time been a flourishing community for blunder organizations with saw plants situated along the shores of the stream. The enormous fields of forests were taken out to clear a path for farmland, industry and expanding populace.
To produce more electrical force in the district, in mid 1926 the Detroit Edison Company fabricated the French Landing Dam on the waterway east of Belleville, consequently making Belleville Lake. Belleville Lake is the biggest inland lake in Wayne County, extending 6 miles and covering 1,200 sections of land. The conventional midtown is settled on the southern shore of Belleville Lake. Belleville accomplished city status on 14 May 1946.