History of Nicholasville, KY
Nicholasville was set up by European Americans in 1798, after the Revolutionary War, and melded in 1837. The town was named out of gratefulness for Colonel George Nicholas, a father of the Kentucky Constitution in 1792. The Young House in Nicholasville is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The city has grown rapidly since the late 20th century and is working to accommodate new highways and transportation needs. Many residents commute to Lexington for work. Others are part of building Nicholasville as a center of retail services for the county.