History of New Boston, MI
New Boston is a unincorporated local area in Wayne County in the U.S. territory of Michigan. The people group is situated inside Huron Charter Township. As a unincorporated local area, New Boston has no legitimately characterized limits or populace insights of its own.
New Boston is found near three divisions of the Huron–Clinton Metroparks framework: Lower Huron, Oakwoods, and Willow. The Huron River goes through New Boston. The people group has its own mail center with the 48164 ZIP Code, which likewise serves the networks of Waltz and Willow, just as more modest bits of Sumpter Township toward the west and Brownstown Charter Township toward the east. The people group is served by Huron School District.
New Boston was first gotten comfortable 1827 and was initially called “Catville” after the initials of the owner, C. A. Trowbridge. It got a mailing station with that name in 1860. On March 20, 1868, it was renamed New Boston, after Boston, Massachusetts.